- “Made” for Success: UMass Boston PhD Student Wins Business Launch Competition with Smartphone App
A smartphone app designed by a UMass Boston PhD student and an alumnus won the third annual Business Launch Competition on Tuesday, earning its creators $1,500 and space at the university’s Venture Development Center.
- College of Management Inducts Students into Beta Gamma Sigma
The College of Management inducts undergraduate and graduate students into its honor society, Beta Gamma Sigma.
- UMass Boston Student Alyssa Trinidad Among “29 Who Shine” in 2013
Alyssa Trinidad, a management major from Winthrop, is the “29 Who Shine” award winner from the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- UMass Boston to Launch Next Big Thing in Business
Six businesses run by UMass Boston students are hoping to join the ranks of eco-friendly surfboard company Green Lightning and picture-sharing social media firm Dpicd as winners of the Entrepreneurship Center’s Business Launch Competition.
- Social Media: What’s Next?
Businesses need to identify social media trends early and devise a strategy accordingly. Join UMass Boston and experts from Google, HubSpot, and others to learn about the future of social media.
- The Green Careers Forum
The Center for Sustainable Enterprise and Regional Competitiveness's forum will showcase the broad range of career opportunities related to sustainability, the environment and clean energy.
- College of Management Ranked Best for Vets
Military Times has recognized UMass Boston's College of Management as a top school for veterans.
- Management Students Develop Ideas for Promoting Arts, Businesses in Upham’s Corner
Undergraduate students have developed ideas for promoting the arts and bringing businesses to Dorchester's Upham's Corner neighborhood. The university's partnership with Upham's Corner Main Street is one of more than 300.
- UMass Boston Paves Way for Student Exchanges with Britain’s Plymouth University
Students in the University of Massachusetts Boston’s College of Management will soon have the opportunity to study in the United Kingdom, thanks to a memorandum of understanding signed Friday between the college and Plymouth University’s Plymouth Business School.
- Emerging Leaders Offer Solutions to Businesses, Nonprofits
The 2012 fellows in the Center for Collaborative Leadership’s Emerging Leaders Program focused on communications efforts for their community partners.
- Johnny Cupcakes Founder to Share Recipe for Success
UMass Boston's College of Management will host Johnny Earle, aka Johnny Cupcakes, on September 19, as he gives a free lecture on how he created a multimillion-dollar brand.
- Management Students Spend Summer Exploring Business Opportunities in China
As part of a University College course, UMass Boston students met with a host of top Chinese business executives during a two-week trip to China.
- College of Management Presents Johnny Cupcakes
Come hear Johnny Earle, aka Johnny Cupcakes, tell the story of how he turned a simple idea into a multimillion-dollar business using nontraditional methods.
- Accounting, Finance & Business Career Fair
Don't miss this opportunity to network with employers from all areas of business! Special thanks to our employer sponsors: Sherwin-Williams, Enterprise Holdings, and Newburg & Company, LLP!
- From Inequality to Sustainability: Talk & Reception - Featuring Guest Speaker Chuck Collins
The College of Management at the University of Massachusetts Boston invites you to celebrate its new Organizations & Social Change PhD Program.
- New Entrepreneurship Course at UMass Boston Provides Workforce Training
Because building a successful startup company requires more than just a good idea, the Entrepreneurship Center is offering a new sales and marketing class this fall.
- 2012 Business Launch Competition Award Ceremony
Watch as the winner of the Entrepreneurship Center's second-annual Business Launch Competition receives $20,000 in prizes.
- Second Annual Business Launch Competition Offers $22K in Prizes
This year, the winner of the Business Launch Competition will receive $20,000 in prizes, almost double last year’s prize amount. Applications will be accepted through February 28.
- Visit UMass Boston’s College of Management at The Economist’s Which MBA? Online Fair
Are you interested in an MBA? Visit UMass Boston's College of Management at The Economist's Which MBA Online Fair to learn more about our programs.
- Delivering Results: Implementing Performance Management in Massachusetts
This conference will review how the commonwealth is using performance management to accomplish its goals.
- The College of Management Announces New PhD Program in Business Administration
The College of Management at the University of Massachusetts Boston is pleased to announce the opening to the first track, Organizations and Social Change, of a new PhD program in Business Administration.
- Board of Higher Education Approves PhD in Global Governance and Human Security
The newly approved program has begun accepting applications and expects to welcome its first cohort of students in September 2012.
- UMass Boston Students Assist Girl Scouts Through Social Media
Students in the College of Management developed a social media strategy for the Girl Scouts organization in a Boston-wide social media competition.
- Changing the Face of Leadership
Emerging Leaders Program Black Tie Gala
- College of Management Featured in The Princeton Review’s “Best 294 Business Schools: 2012 Edition”
The College of Management at the University of Massachusetts Boston is an outstanding business school, according to The Princeton Review.
- Accounting, Finance, and Business Career Fair
Professional dress required, bring copies of your resume. Sign up in advance under “Career Fairs & Events” on My Career Online.
- Professor Werner Kunz Receives Outstanding Paper Award
Assistant Professor of Marketing Werner Kunz’s 2010 MSQ article received the Emerald Literati Network's Outstanding Paper Award.
- Center for Collaborative Leadership Founding Director to Earn Achievement Award
The Boston Business Journal is honoring Sherry Penney with a lifetime achievement award at its Leaders in Diversity event.
- UMass Boston Students Selected for Latino Leadership Initiative
Four University of Massachusetts Boston students have been selected to participate in the second annual Latino Leadership Initiative.
- UMass Boston Professor’s Proposal Wins IBM Faculty Innovation Award
UMass Boston Professor of Management Science and Information Systems Noushin Ashrafi participated in a worldwide competition sponsored by IBM.