- Global Oceans Conference: More Education, Involvement Needed
Attendees at the first Global Conference on Oceans, Climate and Security (GC '12) say more education about climate change is needed, the private sector needs to be involved in the conversation, and lessons could be learned from the military.
- Secretary of Navy Receives Energy & Environmental Safety Award at UMass Boston
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick presented Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus with the Collaborative Institute for Oceans, Climate, and Security’s Energy & Environmental Safety Award Tuesday.
- Second Day of Global Oceans Conference Highlights Disaster Concerns
Scientists, military and civilian policymakers, and thought leaders are taking part in this first-of-its kind conference at the UMass Boston.
- Group of Policymakers, Scientists, Thought Leaders Converge to Discuss Effects of Climate Change
GC '12 will focus on three specific themes examining the overall problem of climate change from different perspectives with a unified goal of understanding how to mitigate the effects that we can control and adapt to those that we cannot.
- CIOCS Achieves IOI-USA Focal Point Status
International Ocean Institute names CIOCS as a “satellite” office—or Focal Point-- of IOI-USA
- UMass Boston Launches the Collaborative Institute for Oceans, Climate, and Security
UMass Boston's new Collaborative Institute for Oceans, Climate, and Security will work toward addressing the challenges of climate change, altered coastal oceans, and security needs.