- “Breaking the Silence of Extreme Poverty” Conference
Join us for this event cosponsored by the McCormack Graduate School's Center for Social Policy, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, and Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement.
- Trip to Ecuador Provides Teaching Opportunity for UMass Boston Students
A dozen UMass Boston students spent the beginning of their summer break volunteering at an orphanage in Quito, Ecuador.
- Conflict Resolution Student Jillian Furman Earns Student Leadership Award
Master's degree candidate earns Beacon Leadership Award
- Students, Community Come Together for Day of Service
About 80 University of Massachusetts Boston students, faculty, staff, and community members joined Project Serve Saturday, April 21, for the annual Spring Into Action: Day of Service.
- Dialogue & Discussion Series: Cultural Mythbusters
Is our impression of cultural oppression accurate? Listen to first-hand experiences followed by facilitated discussion. The Women's Leadership Initiative is sponsoring this event.
- Dialogue & Discussion Series: Motherhood: A Balancing Act
The Women's Leadership Initiative is sponsoring a facilitated discussion aimed at de-stigmatizing motherhood on the college campus.
- Dialogue & Discussion Series: Women’s Leadership Symposium
The Women's Leadership Initiative is sponsoring a symposium featuring speakers discussing women and empowerment.
- Dialogue & Discussion Series: Women & Media
The Women's Leadership Initiative, part of the Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement, is sponsoring a screening of the documentary Miss Representation.
- National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week: November 15
UMass Boston is hosting multiple events throughout the week as part of a nationwide effort to bring greater awareness to the problems of hunger and homelessness.