- Sociology Colloquium Series
Featuring Jim Sidanius, Professor of Psychology and African and African American Studies, Harvard University
- Feeling Stressed? UMass Boston Researchers Want to Study Your Hair
Researchers from the Horizon Center for Health Equity are offering $25 to students, staff, and faculty who participate in a brief study.
- CLA Junior Faculty Colloquium: Studying How Babies Learn Words
CLA JFC Presents: Assistant Professor of Psychology Mohinish Shukla
- Michael Milburn on “Authoritarianism, Emotion, and Affect Displacement Theory”
The Philosophy Department invites you to hear Professor of Psychology Michael Milburn speak on "Authoritarianism, Emotion, and Affect Displacement Theory."
- Psychology Professor Recruiting Children for First-of-its-Kind Autism Study
A UMass Boston psychology professor is recruiting children in the Boston area through the end of January for a first-of-its-kind study that will assess how children with autism adapt to the early school years, and identify predictors that will lead to a successful transition.
- UMass Boston Professor’s Latest Book Finds a Mindful Way through Anxiety
Lizabeth Roemer researches physical, mental, and emotional responses to anxiety, with the intent of finding ways to help people live with this reaction.
- Interest in Toys Predicts Effectiveness of Autism Treatment in Toddlers
Study coauthored by UMass Boston professor finds toddlers who played with a limited number of toys showed improvement in their communication skills.
- New Graduate Programs on the Horizon
UMass Boston's faculty and administration have successfully proposed establishing six new graduate programs.