- Evolving Strategies for the Reintegration of Women and Girls in the Aftermath of Sex Slavery
Elizabeth Goldberg will explore the problems of poverty, political instability, and ongoing gender injustice that inform sex trafficking. Sponsored by the Center on Gender, Security and Human Rights.
- Gender and the Political Economy of Conflict: How Much Do We Really Know?
The Center of Gender, Security, and Human Rights invites you to this free talk with author Sonali Deraniyagala.
- Inside UN Peacekeeping: Policy Changes that Work for Women
The Consortium on Gender, Security and Human Rights sponsors this free talk by Nadine Peuchguirbal and Cynthia Enloe.
- Global Oceans Conference: More Education, Involvement Needed
Attendees at the first Global Conference on Oceans, Climate and Security (GC '12) say more education about climate change is needed, the private sector needs to be involved in the conversation, and lessons could be learned from the military.
- Second Day of Global Oceans Conference Highlights Disaster Concerns
Scientists, military and civilian policymakers, and thought leaders are taking part in this first-of-its kind conference at the UMass Boston.
- Group of Policymakers, Scientists, Thought Leaders Converge to Discuss Effects of Climate Change
GC '12 will focus on three specific themes examining the overall problem of climate change from different perspectives with a unified goal of understanding how to mitigate the effects that we can control and adapt to those that we cannot.
- Between Gender and Ethnicity: Women’s Rights and Identity Politics in the Andes
The Center on Gender, Security, and Human Rights presents a talk
- Special Film Screening of Meherjaan
Join us for a film and a discussion with the film's director, Rubaiyat Hossain.
- The First Global Conference on Oceans, Climate and Security (GC’12)
The University of Massachusetts Boston will host this three-day global conference May 21-23, 2012.
- Battelle and Collaborative Institute for Oceans, Climate, and Security Announce Conference
Battelle and the Collaborative Institute for Oceans, Climate, and Security will host the Global Conference on Oceans, Climate, and Security in May 2012.
- New Graduate Programs on the Horizon
UMass Boston's faculty and administration have successfully proposed establishing six new graduate programs.
- UMass Boston Launches the Collaborative Institute for Oceans, Climate, and Security
UMass Boston's new Collaborative Institute for Oceans, Climate, and Security will work toward addressing the challenges of climate change, altered coastal oceans, and security needs.