- DeLeo, Caret, Motley Highlight Cutting-Edge Research at UMass Boston
UMass President, Speaker of Massachusetts House visit Venture Development Center
- Pressure BioSciences Sees Boost in Revenues
Biotech's commercialization plan bearing fruit
- Venture Development Center Innovation Open House for Faculty
The VDC is a dynamic place, and we hope that you will continue to explore what is happening here in life science, high tech and social ventures. Come explore how you can interact with industry.
- SBIR/STTR Grant Workshop
This intensive one-day workshop has been customized specifically for UMass Boston faculty and Venture Development Center partners interested in applying for Small Business Innovation Research grants.
- Innovation Open House: Coffee Break for Faculty
UMass Boston faculty are invited to learn more about university initiatives and startup companies incubating at the Venture Development Center.
- 2011 Highlights at the VDC: $10,984,000 Raised by Companies
$10,984,000 Raised, Average of $1,220,444 per Company
- Second Annual Business Launch Competition Offers $22K in Prizes
This year, the winner of the Business Launch Competition will receive $20,000 in prizes, almost double last year’s prize amount. Applications will be accepted through February 28.
- Irish Entrepreneurs Visit VDC
The cofounder of the fastest-growing business website in Ireland was one of eight Irish entrepreneurs to visit UMass Boston's Venture Development Center.
- Pressure Biosciences Buoyed by New Grants
Total funding awarded PBI over the past two months is $809,000.
- UMass Boston Welcomes White House Business Council
U.S. Department of Labor Assistant Secretary Jane Oates met with local high-tech and life science executives at UMass Boston's Venture Development Center.
- UMass Boston Hosts White House Business Council Roundtable
U.S. Department of Labor Assistant Secretary Jane Oates and Joanne Goldstein, state secretary of Labor and Workforce Development, visited the VDC July 28.
- Student CEOs Win Cash, Legal Assistance at UMass Boston
Michael Emery and Kevin Schoenthaler are the first winners of the UMass Boston Entrepreneurship Center’s Business Launch Competition.
- UMass Boston Student-run Startups Compete for Money, Expert Help in Launching Businesses
A dozen student-based startup companies are competing in the first ever Business Launch Competition hosted by the College of Management's Entrepreneurship Center.
- “You Have Dazzled Us”: Governor Patrick Visits Venture Development Center
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick held his monthly cabinet meeting in the Venture Development Center and then toured the VDC with the men and women growing b
- UMass Boston Launches the Collaborative Institute for Oceans, Climate, and Security
UMass Boston's new Collaborative Institute for Oceans, Climate, and Security will work toward addressing the challenges of climate change, altered coastal oceans, and security needs.
- CM’s New Entrepreneurship Center to Help Build the Businesses of Tomorrow
UMass Boston's Entrepreneurship Center makes the school a one-stop destination for entrepreneurs looking to take their business concepts from idea to reality.