Parking on Campus
If you plan to park at UMass Boston, be sure to allow yourself time to find a space and walk to your destination on the campus. Remember that traffic may be very heavy, and space may be limited, especially at the beginning of the semester.
The university maintains several parking lots on and near the campus, offering about 3,400 spaces. For locations, please see our parking map. Use our interactive campus map to see photos of each of the parking lots. The lots are:
- Short-term Lot (in front of McCormack Hall): One hour maximum for reduced rate - No validated tickets or parking passes allowed in this lot
- South Lot (Wheatley Lot): Students only
- Campus Center Garage
- Beacons Lot (between the Science Center and the track)
- Clark Lot (near the Clark Athletic Center): Passes only
- University Lot A (on the bluff near the Massachusetts Archives)
- University Lot B (across from the softball field): Passes only
- University Lot C (across from the softball field)
- University Lot D (behind Lot B at the end of Mt. Vernon Street)
- UMass Boston Bayside Lot (200 Mt. Vernon Street) Monday-Friday Free shuttles
Parking spaces designed for motorcycles are available in the Beacons Lot and University Lot B at one half the normal daily rate. Motorcycles may be parked in other lots for the full rate.
If on-campus lots are filled to capacity, you may be directed by UMass Boston Campus Police to the UMass Boston Bayside Lot, located at 200 Mt. Vernon Street, where a free university shuttle will bring you to the Campus Center and Lot C.