The UMass Boston Training Portal site provides the University of Massachusetts Boston community—faculty, staff, students, and affiliates—with access to training available through various departments here on campus. These workshops provide a group learning experience for acquiring basic to intermediate skills in selected applications and technologies.
Web-based training provides a supplement to our workshop offerings and is flexible to meet the needs of the members of the university community.
Services available to you on this website
- Information about upcoming workshops
- Workshop self-registration and management access
- Special event information including seminars and conferences
- Web-based training account registration and access
- Access to a variety of training resources such as tutorials, handouts, videos
Purpose of the website
The training portal is a collaborative effort bringing together services from I.T., Library, Procurement, Peoplesoft and other areas within the University.
Instructional Technology Center
Learning Management System
The Training Council represents various departments and colleges at UMass Boston including: College of Education Information Technology Healey Library College of Nursing Human Resources Division of Corporate, Continuing and Distance Education
Training Council Members:
Caroline Cappuccio, IT/Educational Technology
Donna DeGennaro, College of Education
Jessica Downa, IT/Media Center
Kitty Galaitsis, Division of Corporate, Continuing and Distance Education
Valerie Haven,Graduate College of Education
Becky Hsu, Human Resources
Sandra Knight, Human Resources
Apurva Mehta, IT/Educational Technology
Linda Perrotto, IT/Administrative Computing
Kathleen Polley, College of Nursing
Janet Stewart, Healey Library
- Develop an IT Training Catalog with detail course information.
- Coordinate Technology-related training for most efficient and effective use of training resources.
- Plan training events and map out a training calendar. Ensure access to all including those with disabilities.
- Ensure access to training resources on/off campus.
- Survey UMB audience annually to determine training needs. Develop a communication/marketing plan.
- Create a Training Portal