Our undergraduate and graduate programs lead to a certificate granted by one of the University's colleges. The requirements for these programs can be fulfilled either entirely or in part through courses offered by the College of Advancing and Professional Studies.
OL = Available Online
= Award-Winning Program
Undergraduate Certificate Programs
Graduate Certificate Programs
- Adult/Gerontology and Family Nurse Practitioner (NP) Post Master’s OL
- Applied Behavior Analysis for Special Populations
- Business Analytics OL
- Certificate in Evaluation Research OL
- Critical and Creative Thinking OL
- Database Technology
- Forensic Services
- Game-Based Teaching with Technology OL
- Gender, Leadership, and Public Policy
- Gerontology with Focus on Management of Aging Services OL
- Healthcare Informatics OL
- Instructional & Learning Design OL
- Instructional Technology Design OL
- Orientation and Mobility OL
- Science in a Changing World OL
- Teaching of Spanish
- Teaching of Writing
- Vision Rehabilitation Therapy OL
Professional Development Certificates
- Addictions Counselor Education Program OL
- Emergency and Disaster Management Certificate
- Global Post-Disaster Reconstruction and Management Certificate OL
CAPS also offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in counseling, nursing, instructional design and more. Read more.
A Note About Fees
Students enrolling in a degree or certificate program pay a one-time Combined New Student Fee of $643 (undergraduate); $390 (graduate). Students will be billed for this fee; it is not charged at the time of course registration.
UMass Boston is not currently accepting students for online study who reside in Alabama, Arkansas, Maryland, or Minnesota, due to regulations in those states.