PMP® Exam Prep
This course covers the following concepts contained in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) - 6th Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc.:
- The five process groups: Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, and Closing
- The ten knowledge areas: (Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk, Procurement, and Stakeholder), process inputs and outputs, process tools and techniques, and professional and social responsibilities
The course is designed to help you prepare for the Project Management Professional (PMP®) exam. However, it does not guarantee success on the PMP® exam.
- Project Management Framework
- Project Management Processes
- Economic Models for Project Selection
- Stakeholder Management
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Cost Management
- Human Resources Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Quality Management
- Integration Management
- Professional and Social Responsibilities of a Project Manager
Students will be able to
- Plan for the 10 knowledge areas on a project: integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk, procurement, and stakeholder.
- Identify the inputs to and outputs of each process in the five process groups of a project: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling, and closing.
- Realize the professional and social responsibilities of a project manager.
- Take PMP® practice exams.
When you successfully complete this course, you will receive 2.7 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). This is a non-credit course. This course is graded on a pass/fail basis; no letter grades are awarded.
You will be redirected to the University of Massachusetts' Registration Shopping Cart when you click on a link below.
« Register online »
Also available by email, in-person, by fax, or by mail.
« Download Non-credit Registration Form »
Email completed registration to: email@example.com
One Stop Student Service Ctr
Campus Center, Upper Level
See hours »
Fax completed registration to: 617.287.6242
Mail completed registration to:
Box C or Box NC
100 Morrissey Blvd.
Boston, MA 02125-3393
- Required: PMP® Exam Prep, Rita Mulcahy, RMC Publications, 9th Edition
- Optional: A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge: PMBOK® Guide, 6th edition
Kishore Pochampally is an Associate Professor and Chairperson of the Department of Operations and Project Management at Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU). Prior to SNHU, he worked as a post-doctoral fellow at M.I.T. Sloan School of Management. He specializes in helping managers at service organizations improve processes through Lean and Six Sigma projects.
Kishore has taught project management at the graduate and undergraduate levels for over 7 years. He has also trained a number of professionals for the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam.
Kishore holds a PhD in Industrial Engineering (Research focus: Operations and Supply Chain Management) from Northeastern University. He is certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP) by the Project Management Institute. He is also certified as a Six Sigma Black Belt by the American Society for Quality (ASQ).
PMP and PMBOK are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.