Conflict Resolution, MA (Israel)
Two-Year Degree in Neve Shalom/Wahat al-Salaam, Israel
Developed and awarded by UMass Boston, this master of arts degree in Conflict Resolution is an experiential program in which students live, work, observe and collaborate with Jewish and Palestinian residents and scholars in the only community around the world where Palestinians and Jews live together in equality and peace, Wahat al-Salaam/Neve Shalom [Oasis of Peace] in Israel. This residential master’s degree provides a strong basis in conflict theory and can be completed in two calendar years.
- Analyze and understand practical and theoretical best practices in managing and resolving conflicts with lessons from a world renown living laboratory of peace and from conflicts around the world.
- Gain a unique perspective on the use of negotiation, mediation, cross-cultural conflict, and interethnic dialogue skills.
- Develop skills that are applicable for work in hospitals, government agencies, universities, community groups, public schools, urban planning agencies, international NGOs, courts, and countless other industries.
This master’s degree is ideal for:
- Jews and Palestinians from Israel-Palestine who seek to promote peaceful coexistence through education, awareness and a commitment to respecting the ideal of a multicultural society.
- International and American students who wish to earn a MA in Conflict Resolution from an accredited American university while studying in Israel.
- University of Massachusetts Boston students enrolled in the MA in Conflict Resolution who wish to take a semester of study abroad at the Neve Shalom/Wahat al-Salaam campus.