- These programs take students to study in many locations around the globe, as close as Puerto Rico and as far away as China. Puerto Rico, a territory of the United States, is listed under International Programs because of our expertise in administering short-term travel and study programs.
Caribbean Tropical Ecology in Puerto Rico
January 2 - 23, 2016
A three-week course designed to introduce students to the basics of Caribbean tropical ecology and evolution that will take place in the United States territory of Puerto Rico. The course will involve a mixture of classroom and field-based learning, and include excursions to all the major ecosystems of the Caribbean tropics.
» Read more about Caribbean Tropical Ecology in Puerto Rico
Focus on India: Global Industry & Competitive Analysis
January 4 - 15, 2016
This course examines techniques of industry and competitive analysis and ways of applying these techniques to gain a better understanding of industry trends and company strategies in sectors of significant importance to the regional economy.
» Read more about Focus on India: Global Industry & Competitive Analysis
Cuba: Ocean, Environmental, and Public Health
January 4 - 22, 2016
In this course students will explore the interconnectedness between cultural tradition and sustainable use of local environment.
» Read more about Cuba: Ocean, Environmental, and Public Health
The Cities of Vesuvius: Ancient Greeks & Romans on the Bay of Naples
January 12 -23, 2016
The Bay of Naples was always one of the most important centers of Classical culture and part of the European Grand Tour of the 18th & 19th centuries.
» Read more about The Cities of Vesuvius: Ancient Greeks & Romans on the Bay of Naples
Maya Archaeology Field School in Belize
June 19 - July 13, 2016
Students will be conducting support population studies (survey, mapping, and excavation) at several localities, small site excavation, and the excavation of agricultural features.
» Read more about Maya Archaeology Field School in Belize
Paris: a Living Textbook
July 2 - 23, 2016
This program is a unique three-week summer educational program designed to immerse participants in French language and culture through thematic projects and engagement in service learning in Paris, famed City of Light.
» Read more about Paris: a Living Textbook
Food and Culture: The Italian Experience
June 4 - 19, 2016
The course will be an intensive, full-immersion academic and cultural exploration centered on the theme of Food and Culture in the perfectly preserved, magical medieval city of Siena.
» Read more about Food and Culture: The Italian Experience
Theatre in London
May 30 - June 30, 2016
The program offers students the opportunity to study intensively English theatre and then travel to the great city of London, international center for theatre and the arts, to experience first-hand original dramatic productions.
» Read more about Theatre in London
| Check back often for new and exciting offerings.
For more information, please contact Jennifer Goode-Sollis at Jennifer.Goode@umb.edu or 617.287.6995.
- Athens and Beyond: Greek Art and Architecture
- Caribbean Studies Summer Institute: Caribbean Society and Culture in Comparative Perspective
- China Today: Culture, History, & Society
- Comparative Study Tour: Educational Changes in China
- Conflict Transformation Across Borders
- Entrepreneurship in the U.S. and China
- Global Perspectives on Disability Policies and Practices in Poland
- The Holocaust: Historical Contexts
- Tourism, Food & Culture in Spain