Transfer Credits

Students from institutions other than UMass Boston (including other institutions in the University of Massachusetts system) who wish to transfer credits earned in CAPS credit courses should contact their college or university concerning specific transfer requirements.

UMass Boston units are treated as transfer credits at UMass Amherst. Students must earn a grade of "C-" or better to transfer the course. Letter grades earned at UMass Boston will not be used in grade point average calculations and the credit will not be counted as residence credit.

Most institutions require a student to obtain authorization in advance for each CAPS credit course in which the student wishes to enroll for transfer credit.

More Information

Contact CAPS