On Campus Required Courses
For a description of course, please click on the below courses.
- COU 621 Introduction to Family Therapy
- COU 601 Research Methods
- COU 608 Abnormal Psychology
- COU 616 Group Counseling
- COU 620 Human Development (Note -- this is a prerequisite but if you have not taken a graduate level human development course, you may take it with us. We would like all FT students to take
- COU 617 Child & Adolescent Therapy
- COU 606 Ethical Standards
- COU 653 Diversity in Counseling
- COU 622 Theories of Family Therapy Prerequisites: COU 616, COU 621.
- COU 624 Sexuality and Intimacy in Families & Family Therapy Prerequisite: COU 616, 621, plus any COU course.
- COU 625 Family Therapy Assessment and Intervention
Prerequisites: COU 622
- COU 626 Collaborative Consultation with Larger Systems Course is presently only offered online
Prerequisite: COU 622.
- COU 627 Couples Therapy
Prerequisites: COU 622.
- COU 628 Contemporary Family Therapies
Prerequisites: COU 625.
- COU 672 Substance Abuse and the Family
Prerequisite: COU 621.
- COU 698 Family Therapy Internship Seminar
Prerequisites: a minimum of 18 credits COU 608, COU 616, COU 621, COU 622, and COU 620 or 617, and a course of your choice from the family therapy curriculum. In addition, COU 606 and COU 625 must be taken prior to or concurrently with the second semester (Fall Semester of your internship). In addition, students must have an average of 3.00, no more than one outstanding incomplete. Your advisor must give approval before application for placement in an internship site.