Admission Requirements for the Post Master’s Certificate Program
The Early Childhood Admissions Committee will recommend for admissions those applicants who present evidence of their ability to do post master’s work with distinction.
Such evidence will include:
1. A completed application, visit the graduate admissions page here to complete the online application
2. A statement of purpose, clearly explaining the applicant’s reasons for pursing more graduate study in the field of early childhood and answering these questions:
- What excites you about this program?
- How does it fit into your professional goals?
- How will your participation in this program impact the lives of children and families?
- If you wish to apply for the Early Educator Leadership Fellowship, please indicate your interest in this statement, and respond to the fellowship survey application at this link: https://goo.gl/forms/4JRlUD1wVLJSRWFG3\
3. Current Resume and Job Description to clarify past and present roles as an early childhood educator, please up load as one document.
4. Distinguished academic record:
- A minimum cumulative grade point average in undergraduate work of 2.75, and
- A bachelor's degree from a college or university of recognized standing.* (*Applicants must have either a four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited US college or university, or a degree which is in all respects equivalent. and a Master's Degree)
An official transcript from each institution attended (graduate and undergraduate) is required, even if credits appear as transfer credit on another transcript. Each transcript must be in the sending institution's original sealed envelope.
5. Three letters of recommendation.
6. Writing Sample; Write an original, 4-5 page doubled-spaced academic essay about an issue/topic in early education that you want to explore in this graduate program. Include a bibliography of the research/literature that has informed your interest in this problem.
Apply by June 1, 2018 for our 7th Cohort in the Post Master’s Certificate Program, which begins September 2018.
If you have any questions or need support, please contact: