Faculty & Staff
Ilana Lehmann, PhD
- Assistant Professor of Counseling and School Pscyhology, College of Education and Human Development
- 617.287.7696 Telephone:
- Ilana.Lehmann@umb.edu Email:
100 Morrissey Blvd. Office Location: Wheatley Hall,02,00175
Research design and methods. Statistics: SPSS and SAS; Time series analysis. Psychometrics and ethical implications of assessment and testing. Member of the University of Massachusetts Boston Institutional Review Board.
Recipient of the ARCA Award for Outstanding Research 2009 for Unintended Consequences of State and Federal Antidiscrimination and Family Medical Leave Legislation on the Employment Rates of Persons with Disabilities. (Third place)
Certified Rehabilitation Counselor
National Certified Counselor
Current research interests include:
- Computer-mediated communication by young people with and without disabilities and employment ramifications
- Ethical implications of online activities for clients and counselors
- Using technology to promote increased employment opportunities for people with disabilities
- Conflict resolution, interpersonal relationships, multicultural considerations, and social skills acquisition in cyberspace
Previous research focused on state and federal legislation and the employment of individuals with disabilities, systems change advocacy, pre-employment testing, and other sources of employment discrimination against individuals with disabilities.