Educational Administration Program
Students who would like to apply for the degree of Masters or Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Educational Administration should follow go to https://www.umb.edu/admissions/grad/apply for the general statement of admission requirements for all graduate programs, as well as the general application for graduate admission.
International students should read this web page carefully: https://www.umb.edu/admissions/grad/international_ga
Candidates for the Master’s Degree or Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies should contact Aimee D'Avignon, Director of Student Services (617-287-7492; firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions or assistance with the application process.
The application deadline is March 15th. Please note the Educational Administration Program is in the process of being revised. We will be accepting only a very limited number of students this year.
The program will recommend admission for those MEd and CAGS applicants who present evidence of their ability to do graduate work with distinction. Such evidence will normally include:
- An undergraduate grade point average at the time of graduation of at least 2.75, as evidenced by an official transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation. For American students, one letter should be written by the licensed school administrator who will supervise your practicum.
- Documentation of two or more years of full-time experience as a licensed educator, preferably a teacher, at grade levels PK-12.
- Documentation of state educator license (optional, particularly for out-of-state or international applicants).
- Submission of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) scores (optional).
- An interview with the admissions committee.
Please note that all students in this program who are seeking Massachusetts administrator licensure must provide proof of a passing score on the Communication and Literacy Skills portion of the Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL) as part of the licensure process.