TaskStream is a cloud-based software solution that promotes educational excellence. TaskStream enables students and other users to create e-portfolios that demonstrate their skills and accomplishments, and to submit their work online for assessment and accreditation purposes.
How long does my TaskStream account stay active?
What if I want to access my account after it has expired?
How can I use my account?
How do I access my account?
How do I access tech support?
What if I forgot my login information?
Newly matriculated students will be charged a one-time fee of $132 for a 4 years subscription to TaskStream.
When will I get my TaskStream account?
Newly-matriculated students receive their login information 1-2 weeks after the add/drop date for the Fall and Spring semesters. If you matriculate in the Summer or Fall, then you will receive your login information in late September. If you matriculate in the Spring, you will receive your login information in mid February. You will receive an email from TaskStream with the subject "TaskStream Confirmation" and the content gives you directions to access your account. This will come to your UMass Boston email. Your TaskStream Username will be the same as your UMass Boston email username.
You can purchase an account in the following increments: (These are standard prices from TaskStream. Price may varies by college/university.)
- 1 Semester - 5 Months ($25)
- 1 year account ($49)
- 2 year account ($79)
- 3 year account ($105)
- 4 year account ($132)
- 5 year account ($139)
- 6 year account ($149)
Follow these steps to purchase your own account:
- Visit https://www.taskstream.com/pub/enroll/Default.asp
- Select "Create a new TaskStream subscription" (which is the first radio button).
- Use the "continue" option on the left, which will guide you through setting up an account and using a credit card to pay.
- When you come to the next page, select the top radio button for "I am participating in a COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY program…"
- Then, you will come to another page where you will select "Massachusetts", "College/University", and "University of Massachusetts System: Boston".
- On the next page, choose "College of Education and Human Development", "your department (either Curriculum & Instruction, Counseling & School Psychology, or Leadership in Education)", and "Student".
- When you fill in your personal information, please use your real first name and real last name and the first portion of your UMass Boston email address (firstname.lastname, with any digits if applicable) for your username. (This is important because it will enable us to be to "find' you in the system to match you with the correct portfolio. If you don't do this, it will be very hard for us to find you and link you with your course materials.)
- Contact Gary (Gary.Chan@umb.edu) if you need to be matched with portfolios for your courses.
Please contact Gary (Gary.Chan@umb.edu) if you have any questions at all about this process.
You account is valid for 4 years.
You will have access to the resources on TaskStream even after your subscription expires. If you want to have full access to all the tools then you have the option to extend your subscription.
TaskStream (www.taskstream.com) is an online eportfolio and assessment system used by the College of Education and Human Development. Part of your student fees give you a 4-year account with TaskStream. You can use this account to create online portfolios for two purposes:
1) Personal and Professional. For personal and professional purposes, you can create any type of online portfolio that you would like and share it with whomever you would like.
2) Coursework. For coursework purposes, your instructors may ask you to complete course assignments through TaskStream. All of the information you put in TaskStream will be accessible only by you, until you choose to submit it to your instructor for feedback or for a grade.
For full detail instruction on how to use TaskStream, please see link below.
Downloadable help on PDF format
TaskStream mentoring Services can be contacted if you have questions, need assistance, or have experienced any problems via telephone toll-free at 800.311.5656 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.