An art major consists of 12 courses, including:
- Two of the following courses:
ART 101 (Ancient and Medieval Art)
ART 102 (Renaissance to Modern Art)
ART L104 (Introduction to East Asian Art)
- One (1) art history course at the 300 level.
- Two (2) studio courses in two media (photography, drawing, video, printmaking, painting, digital imagery, and Sculpture).
- A third studio course at the 300 level.
- Three (3) additional courses at the 300 or 400 level.
- Two (2) art electives.
- One capstone course at the 300-400 level.
- At least six (6) art courses, including at least three at the 300 level, must be taken at UMass Boston.
*None of the courses for the Art Major may be taken pass/fail.
*Independent study (ART 478-479), field work/internships (ART 488-489), and the first semester of honor projects (ART 491) may NOT be counted toward the minimum 12 courses required for the major.