The Major in Classical Languages (BA)
The classical languages major can be fulfilled with twelve courses.
- At least ten courses in Greek and/or Latin.
- One classical studies course, or one additional courses in classical language.
- Either Classics 387 or Classics 388; the research paper from either of these two courses may serve as a capstone
- At least four courses taken to fulfill parts 1 & 2 must be at or above the 300 level.
- At least eight of the courses taken for the major must be taken in residency at UMass Boston. With prior departmental permission, courses taken in some semester-abroad programs may count toward the residency requirement.
- No course with a grade below C- may count toward any major or minor.
- Courses taken Pass/Fail may not be counted toward any major or minor, with the single exception that one 100-level language course taken Pass/Fail may count.
- Online courses offered by the Classics and Religious Studies Department count toward the residency requirement