Faculty & Staff
Areas of Expertise
Social and political philosophy, philosophy of law, contemporary European philosophy
PhD, Northwestern University, 1999
Professional Publications & Contributions
- “Bringing Discursive Ideals to Legal Facts: On Baxter on Habermas” Philosophy & Social Criticism, Vol. 40, #2 (2014), 195-203.
- “Political Civility: Another Idealistic Illusion” Public Affairs Quarterly, Vol. 27, # 4 (October 2013), 341-368.
- “Misrecognition, Marriage and Derecognition,” in Recognition Theory as Social Research: Investigating the Dynamics of Social Conflict, ed. O’Neill & Smith (Palgrave Macmillan), (2013) 63-86.
- “Social Pathologies as Second-Order Disorders,” in Axel Honneth: Critical Essays: With a Reply by Axel Honneth, edited by Danielle Petherbridge (Brill Academic Publishers, Leiden, (2011) 345-370.
- The Philosophy of Recognition: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives. Lexington Books. (2010)
View Professor Zurn's website
Back to Philosophy Faculty page
Back to Philosophy Department main page