Faculty & Staff
Leanne Ussher, PhD
Visiting Professor of Economics, College of Liberal Arts
Areas of Expertise
Post Keynesian Economics, Financial Markets, Complex Adaptive Systems, History of Economic Thought
PhD, New School for Social Research
Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance, Securities Institute of Australia, Sydney
BEc Honors, Macquarie University, Sydney
Professional Publications & Contributions
- Ussher, Leanne (2016) “International Monetary Policy with Commodity Buffer Stocks,” European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention. pp. 10-25, Vol 13(1).
- Golo, Nataša, David Brée, Guy Kelman, Leanne Ussher, Marco Lamieri, and Sorin Solomon (2015) “Too Dynamic to Fail: Empirical support for an autocatalytic model of Minsky’s financial instability hypothesis”. Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination. Springer, pp.1-25.
- Ussher, Leanne (2012) “International Financial Reform,” The Elgar Companion to Post Keynesian Economics, (ed) J. E. King second edition. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Barr, Jason M., and Troy Tassier, Leanne Ussher (2011) "Introduction to the Symposium on Agent-based Computational Economics," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(1), pages 1-5. Winter.
- Ussher, Leanne (2010) “Combining International Monetary Reform with Commodity Buffer Stocks : Keynes, Graham and Kaldor,” New Economic Thinking Conference, Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, Apr 8–10. Conference Proceedings.
- Ussher, Leanne (2009) “Global Imbalances and the Key Currency Regime: The Case for a Commodity Reserve Currency” Review of Political Economy, pp.403-421 Vol 21(3).
- Ussher, Leanne (2009) “A ‘New Bretton Woods’: Kaldor, and the Antipodean Quest for Global Full Employment” co-authored with Sean Turnell, Review of Political Economy, pp.423-445 Vol 21(3).
- Ussher, Leanne (2008) “A Speculative Futures Market with Zero-Intelligence” Eastern Economics Journal, pp.518-549 Vol 34(4) Fall.
- Barr, Jason M., Troy Tassier, Leanne Ussher, Blake LeBaron, Shu-Heng Chen and Shyam Sunder (2008) “The Future of Agent-Based Research in Economics: A Panel Discussion,” Eastern Economics Journal, Palgrave Macmillan, pp.550-565, 34(4) Fall.
- Barr, Jason M., Troy Tassier, Leanne Ussher (2008) “Symposium Introduction: Agent-Based Computational Economics,” Eastern Economics Journal, pp.421-422, 34(4).
- Ussher, Leanne (2005) “Margins and Transaction Taxes in a Continuous Double Auction Futures Market” pp.315-342, in Proceedings of the Agent 2005 Conference on Generative Social Processes, Models, and Mechanisms, ANL/DIS-06-5, ISBN 0-9679168-6-0, C.M. Macal, M.J. North, and D. Sallach (eds) co-sponsors Argonne National Laboratory and The University of Chicago, Oct 13−15.