Faculty & Staff
Leonard von Morzé, PhD
- Associate Professor of English, College of Liberal Arts Director of the English Major
- 617.287.6531 Telephone:
- email@example.com Email:
100 Morrissey Blvd. Office Location: Wheatley Hall,06,00062
Areas of Expertise
Atlantic Studies; literature of the American colonial and revolutionary periods and of the early Republic
BA, PhD, University of California Berkeley
MA, University of California Irvine
Professional Publications & Contributions
"Sermons, Slavery, and Scandal: The Printed Worlds of Early Boston, 1660 - 1830." Exhibit for Boston Public Library, Rare Books Department, 15 July - 30 September 2009.
Book Reviews and Encyclopedia Entries
"Hugh Henry Brackenridge." The Literary Encyclopedia Online. 2009.
"Virtue" and "Pierre Eugène Du Simitière." Encyclopedia of the American Enlightenment. Ed. Mark Spencer. New York: Continuum, 2014.
Various reviews of books on Atlantic topics for The Wordsworth Circle and The New England Quarterly.
• ENGL 102 Freshman English
• ENGL 182G “Race” and Ethnicity in Twentieth-Century U.S. Literature
• ENGL 200 Understanding Literature
• ENGL 202 Six American Authors
• ENGL 376 Literature and the Political Imagination
• ENGL 407 Colonial American Literature
• ENGL 430 Literature of the Atlantic
• ENGL 483 Declaring Independence: Origins of U.S. Literature
• ENGL 498/499 English Honors Senior Seminar
• HONS 290 Multidisciplinary Perspectives on Boston
• ENGL 606 Print Culture of Early Boston (Graduate)
• ENGL 650 Colonial American Literature (Graduate)
• ENGL 652 American Romanticism (Graduate)
• ENGL 664 Literature of the Atlantic (Graduate)
• ENGL 697 Atlantic Utopias (Graduate)
Forthcoming work includes essays on various Atlantic and early American topics: on African-Americans and abolition in Brockden Brown; on early American novels in translation; on the circulation of the German book in the early American republic; and on Augustan literature in light of the Georgia experiment.