Faculty & Staff
Lisa Rivera, PhD
Associate Professor (Ethics, Political & Feminist Philosophy)
Areas of Expertise
Ethics, political philosophy, global ethics, feminist theory
PhD, Cornell University, 2001
Professional Publications & Contributions
- “Captivity and Coercion” The Ethics of Captivity, Lori Gruen, ed., Oxford University Press, 2014 (forthcoming)
- “Armed Conflict: Effect on Women,” Encyclopedia of Global Justice, Deen Chatterjee, ed., Springer, 2011
- “Subsistence Rights,” Encyclopedia of Global Justice, Deen Chatterjee, ed, Springer, 2011
- “Harmful Beneficence,” Journal of Moral Philosophy, 8, 2011, 195-220.
- “Worthy Lives,” Social Theory and Practice 36:2, April, 2010, 185-212.
- “Citizen Responsibility for War in Imperfect Democracies,” Dialogue 48:4, December 2009
View Professor Rivera's website
Back to Philosophy Faculty page
Back to Philosophy Department main page