Faculty & Staff
Areas of Expertise
African Caribbean Literature; Origins of Caribbean Civilizations; Modern Caribbean Society; Problems in Urban Education
EdD. University of Massachusetts Amherst
Professional Publications & Contributions
- 2011. “Slavery in Peril or Peril in Freedom.” An essay review of Arnold R. Highfield and Georges F. Tyson, Negotiating Enslavement: Perspectives on Slavery in the Danish West Indies (Antilles Press, 2009) in The Caribbean Writer, Vol. 25. 2011.
- 2010. “Foreword” for the book: THE HAITIAN CREOLE LANGUAGE: History, Structure, Use, and Education. Edited by Arthur K. Spears and Carole M. Berotte Joseph (Lexington Books/ Rowman & Littlefield).
- .“Attempts at Reforms: Mending the Tapestry of Haiti’s Education System, 1979-2004.” Journal of Haitian Studies Vol.15 Nos 1 & 2. Spring/Fall 2009.
- 2007 Haitian Creole for Health Care Professionals, co-edited with Dr. Mel Schorin, Coconut Creek, Florida: Educavision Press.
- 2002 Spoken Haitian Creole for Intermediate learners: Kreyòl Pale Kreyòl Konprann. Coconut Creek, FL: Educavision Press. ISBN: 1-58432-137-7.
- 1997."Haitian Education under Siege: Democratization, National Development and Social Reconstruction." Haiti Renewed: Political and Economic Prospects. (Eds.). Robert I. Rotberg. Brooking Institute Publications, 1997, pp.215-228;
For more information on Professor Prou, visit ScholarWorks