Faculty & Staff
Steven Levine, PhD
Associate Professor (Pragmatism, Mind, German Idealism)
Areas of Expertise
Pragmatism, Philosophy of Mind, German Idealism
PhD, The New School For Social Research, 2005
Professional Publications & Contributions
- “Rorty, Davidson, and Representation” in The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to Rorty, ed. A. Malachowski, Wiley-Blackwell Press, forthcoming.
- “The Principles of Psychology: The Phenomenological Reading,” in The Oxford Handbook of William James, ed. A. Klein, Oxford University Press, forthcoming.
- “Rethinking Sellars’ Naturalism,” in Responses to Naturalism: From Idealism and Pragmatism, ed. P. Giladi, Routledge Press, forthcoming.
- “Sellars and Non-Conceptual Content,” European Journal of Philosophy, 24 (4), Dec. 2016, pp. 855-78.
- “Hegel, Dewey, and Habits,” British Journal for the History of Philosophy, 23 (4), April 2015, pp. 632-656.
- “McDowell, Hegel, and Habits,” Hegel Bulletin, 36 (2), Oct. 2015, pp. 184-201.
- “Norms and Habits: Brandom on the Sociality of Action,” European Journal of Philosophy, 23 (2), June 2015, pp. 248-272.
- ‘Truth and Moral Validity: Habermas’ Domesticated Pragmatism’, Constellations, Vol. 18: 2, June 2011.
- ‘Rehabilitating Objectivity: Rorty, Brandom, and the New Pragmatism’, Canadian Journal of Philosophy, Vol. 40: 4, December 2010.
View Professor Levine's website
Meaning and Being
Intro to Philosophy
Back to Philosophy Faculty page
Back to Philosophy Department main page