What is CLA First?
- Full year success program for first-year students
- A way to meet and connect with your peers
- Opportunity for additional courses of your choice
What are the benefits?
- a small and supportive learning community within the larger university
- full-time advisors assigned to the program; our advising is intensive and ongoing throughout your first year
- Start Smart! program designed to maximize your academic success and your UMass Boston experience
- strong connection to University resources for academics and co-curricular opportunities
- your professors are committed faculty, who are interested in working with first-year students
- students completing the program will fulfill the First Year Seminar requirement
- working partnerships with other students across a range of courses
Who is eligible?
- first time freshman and transfer students bringing in a low number of credits
- any major in the College of Liberal Arts, including undecided students
- must place into English 101 through assessment testing
- students who are enrolled in the Honors Program should indicate that on the application, and schedule requirements can be discussed
How do I join?
- Complete our interest form and send it to email@example.com. Once you have completed the form, you will receive an email about next steps.
- If you have trouble with the online form, you can print out the Interest Form here.
So I sent in my interest form. Now what?
This is also how you will sign up for a assessment tests!
We will check in with you via email and keep track of your assessment scores once you have taken the tests.
When you attend Orientation we will meet with you in group sessions and help you to sign up for CLA First! courses.
It will be that easy! We promise!