Join the CLA First! Community and...
- Become a part of an academic success program for first year students in the College of Liberal Arts
- Get full-time access to advisors and peer mentors
- Enroll in CLA First! cohort classes that fulfill your general education requirements
- Connect with peers in the classroom and through co-curricular programming
- Being a part of a small and supportive learning community within the larger University
- Working with full-time advisors throughout your time at UMB to build a strong academic foundation and achieve personal, professional, and community engagement goals
- Attending Start Smart! workshops geared towards helping you get the most out of your college experience
- Gaining access to University resources and opportunities outside the classroom
- Taking CLA First! classes with professors who are committed faculty interested in working with first-year students
- Fulfilling general education requirements, including the First Year Seminar requirement (upon successful completion of the year-long program)
- Building partnerships with students across academic disciplines
- First time first-year students with any major in the College of Liberal Arts, including undeclared (undecided) CLA students
How do I sign up?
- Simply complete our online interest form and be on the lookout for an email about next steps
- Check out the course descriptions and sample class schedule
So I sent in my interest form. Now what?
Take the New Student Assessment, including the ALEKS Online Math Placement and the Online Writing Assessment - this is crucial for you to do prior to attending Orientation!
When you attend Orientation we will meet with you in group sessions and help you to sign up for CLA First! courses.
It will be that easy! We promise!
Get a running start on academic success. Join CLA First!
For more information call 617-287-5721 or email us at email@example.com