Requirements (Latin American Studies)
- This information is for students who declared a concentration in Latin American Studies before the Spring 2012 semester
A concentration in the Latin American Studies Program consists of six courses (18 credits), including one of the program’s 100-level courses. Students select the remainder of their courses from within the program or from courses on Latin America taught in other departments.
Students select the remainder of their courses from within the program or from courses on Latin America taught in other departments.
Sophomore standing; completion of at least one course in the following disciplines: social sciences, Portuguese, Spanish, or management.
Successful completion of one of the introductory courses in the program’s curriculum.
For Completion of the Program
Four elective courses (for complete list, see Catalog Copy, Curricular Appendices)
Completion of one of the following:
- the Seminar in Latin American Studies (Lat Am 480)
- Capstone Seminar (Lat Am 481)
- an upper-level course in the program relevant to the student’s interests
- an approved internship
- an independent study course