Graduate Program

The Graduate Consortium in Women’s Studies

While UMass Boston does not offer a graduate degree in Women’s and Gender Studies, advanced undergraduates may be eligible to take one or more graduate courses through the Boston area Graduate Consortium in Women’s Studies (GCWS) based at MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge). Please be aware, however, that you must apply and be accepted to the GCWS program through MIT before you can register on WISER through UMass Boston. Both of these steps must be completed if you plan to take a GCWS course. For more information, contact UMass Boston’s representative to the GCWS, Chris Bobel at or go to