Faculty & Staff
Arindam Bandopadhyaya, PhD
Professor of Finance, Director of Online Programs
Areas of Expertise
Corporate Finance, International Finance, Econometric Applications in Finance
PhD, Indiana University
Professional Publications & Contributions
- Bandopadhyaya, Arindam, Lal Chugh and James Grant. “ADR Characteristics and Performance in International and Global Indexes.” Journal of Asset Management (April 2009).
- Bandopadhyaya, Arindam , and Anne L. Jones. "Measures of Investor Sentiment: A Comparative Analysis of Put-Call Ratio vs. Volatility Index.” Journal of Business and Economics Research (August 2008).
- Bandopadhyaya, Arindam. “A Survey of Demographics and Performance in the Hedge Fund Industry.” Journal of Investing (Summer 2007).
- Bandopadhyaya, Arindam. “ Bond and Stock Market Linkages: The Case of Mexico and Brazil”, & “Currency Crisis, Contagion and Portfolio Selection” Asset Allocation and International Investments." Palgrave-MacMillan , January 2007, (ed. Greg N. Gregoriou).
- Bandopadhyaya, Arindam. “Measuring Investment Sentiment in Equity Markets.” Journal of Asset Management (September 2006).
- Bandopadhyaya, Arindam. "Determinants of Market Assessed Sovereign Risk: Economic Fundamentals or Market Risk Appetite?" Journal of International Money and Finance (June 2005).
Undergraduate and Graduate Financial Management, Undergraduate and Graduate International Financial Management, and Graduate Economics for Managers.
- College of Management Nominee for Chancellor’s Award for Distinguished Teaching, 2007 and 2008
- Keynote Speaker, Massachusetts Housing Association Annual Celebration, 2007
- Betty Diener Award for Teaching Excellence, 2005
- Professor of the Year, UMass Boston MBA Association, 1993, 2002
- Joseph P. Healy Endowment Grant, 1993-94