Faculty & Staff
Atreya Chakraborty, PhD
Professor of Finance, Director of Partnerships and PhD Program
Areas of Expertise
Corporate Finance, International Finance, Small Business Finance
PhD, Boston College
Professional Publications & Contributions
- Chakraborty, Atreya. Sheikh and Razkhanov. “Antitakeover Provisions, Managerial Entrenchment and Firm Innovation” Journal of Economics and Business, 72, 30-43, (2014).
- Chakraborty, Atreya. Barkoulas and Oandilu. “A Metric and Topological Analysis of Determinism in the Crude Oil Spot Market". Energy Economics, 34, 584-591, (2012).
- Chakraborty, Atreya. Baum and Liu. “The effect of uncertainty and corporate governance on firms’ demand for liquidity”. Applied Economics, Vol. 44, 515-525, (2012).
- Chakraborty, Atreya. Baum and Liu. "Impact of Macroeconomic Uncertainty on Firms Changes in Financial Leverage”. International Journal of Finance and Economics, Vol. 15, 22-30, (2010).
- Chakraborty, Atreya. Narayanan Subramanian and Shahbaz Sheikh. “The Relationship between Incentive Compensation and Performance Related CEO Turnover”. Journal of Economics and Business, Vol. 61, 295-311, (2009).
- Chakraborty, Atreya. Barkoulas & Farah. “Takeover defenses, golden parachutes, and bargaining over stochastic synergy gains: A note on optimal contracting". 2008, European Journal of Finance, 14 (4), 273-280, (2008).
- Chakraborty, Atreya. Narayanan Subramanian and Shahbaz Sheikh.“Termination Risk and Managerial Risk Taking”. Journal of Corporate Finance, 13,170-188, (2007).
- Chakraborty, Atreya. Narayanan Subramanian and Shahbaz Sheikh. “Re-pricing and Executive Turnover”. The Financial Review, 42,121-141, (2007).
- Chakraborty, Atreya. Charles Hu, Journal of Financial Intermediation. “Lending Relationships in Line-of-Credit and Non-Line-of-Credit Loans: Evidence from Collateral Use in Small Business”. 15-1, 86-107, (2006).
- Chakraborty, Atreya. Richard Arnott. “Takeover Defenses and Dilution: A Welfare Analysis”. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 36: 3, 311 - 34, (2001).
Options and Derivatives, Risk Management, Investments, Financial Theory, Managerial Finance
Corporate Finance,Risk Management, Executive Compensation, Corporate Governance
Editorial Board, International Journal of Banking and Finance
College of Management Research Fellow, 2007-2008
- Dean’s Award for Distinguished Research Award, 2005- 2006
- Betty Diener Award for Teaching Excellence, 2006
- Sloan Foundation Award 1998