Faculty & Staff
Areas of Expertise
Gender and Entrepreneurship; International Business, Globalization and Management; Transnationalism
PhD, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
MBA, Loyola College, Baltimore, MD
BA, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
Professional Publications & Contributions
- Özkazanç-Pan, B. (Forthcoming 2016). “On entrepreneurship and empowerment: Postcolonial feminist interventions” in C. Essers, P. Dey, K. Verduyn, and D. Tedmanson, (Eds.), Routledge Series on Critical Entrepreneurship.
- Clark Muntean, S. and Özkazanç-Pan, B. (Forthcoming 2016). Feminist Perspectives on Social Entrepreneurship: Critique and New Directions. International Journal of Gender and Entrepreneurship, 8(3)
- Özkazanç-Pan, B., and Calás, M. B. (2016). “Transnational approaches to diversity” in R. Bendl, I. Bleijenbergh, E. Henttonen, and A. Mills (Eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Diversity. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press, pp.376-390.
- Özkazanç-Pan, B., and Clark Muntean, S. (2016). International high-technology entrepreneurs: Hybrid identities and entrepreneurial practices. Journal for International Business and Entrepreneurship Development, 9(1): 23-40.
- Clark Muntean, S., and Özkazanç-Pan, B. (2015). A gender integrative conceptualization of entrepreneurship. New England Journal of Entrepreneurship, Fall issue.
- Osorio, A., Donnelly, P., and Özkazanç-Pan, B. (2015). An entrepreneurial context for the theory of the firm: exploring assumptions and consequences. New England Journal of Entrepreneurship, Fall issue.
- Özkazanç-Pan, B. (2015). “Postcolonial perspectives on cross-cultural management knowledge” in N. Holden, S. Michailova and S. Tietze, (Eds.), Routledge Companion to Cross-Cultural Management. NY: Routledge, pp.371-379.
- Özkazanç-Pan, B. Forthcoming 2014. Postcolonial feminist analysis of high-technology entrepreneuring. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour and Research, 20(2), March issue.
- Özkazanç-Pan, B., and Clark Muntean, S. Forthcoming 2014. International high-technology entrepreneurs: Hybrid identities and entrepreneurial practices. Journal for International Business and Entrepreneurship Development, special issue on entrepreneurship and social-cultural contexts.
- Özkazanç-Pan, B. 2013. The elusive search for gender equality in organizations. September 24, 2013.
- Özkazanç-Pan, B., P. F. Donnelly, Y. Gabriel, and Özkazanç-Pan, B. 2013. Silencing the chaos: Untold stories of the field and beyond. Qualitative Research in Organizations and Management, 8(1): 4-15.
- Ozkazanc-Pan, B. 2012. Postcolonial feminist research: Challenges and complexities. Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: An International Journal, 31 (5/6): 573-591. DOI
- Ozkazanc-Pan, B. 2012. Publishing without betrayal: Critical scholarship meets mainstream journals. Scandinavian Journal of Management, 28: 209-217.
- Özkazanç-Pan, B. 2009. Postcolonial redirections in international management research & fieldwork. In J. Hogan, P. Dolan and P. Donnelly (Eds.), Approaches to qualitative research: Theory & its practical applications: 63-96. Cork, Ireland: Oak Tree Press.
- Özkazanç-Pan, B. 2008. International management meets ‘the rest of the world’. Academy of Management Review, 33 (4): 964-974.
2007-2008, Lecturer, NYU Wagner School of Public Policy
2006-2007, Lecturer, Hofstra University School of Business
Managing Organizations, Organizational Analysis and Skills, Managing in the Global Economy, Organization Theory, Multicultural Management
Management in a global context, social and economic development and entrepreneurship activities, theorizing management and organization
2009, Beta Gamma Sigma, University of Massachusetts Chapter
2008, First recipient of the Stanley J. Young Award, University of Massachusetts, Amherst