Faculty & Staff
Jurui Zhang, PhD
Assistant Professor of Marketing
Areas of Expertise
Marketing Modeling, Social Network and Social Media
PhD, Marketing, University of Arizona
Masters in Marketing, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
BS, Business Administration, Huazhong University of Science & Technology
Professional Publications & Contributions
- "Popularity of Digital Products in Online Social Tagging Systems," Jurui Zhang and Raymond Liu, Journal of Brand Management (2017), Volume 24, Issue 1, pp 105–127.
- “The Emergence of Innovation as a Social Process: Theoretical Exploration and Implications for Business Venturing.” with Lusch, R. F., Liu, Y., and Chen, Y. In Satish Nambisan; Don Siegel (Ed.), Open Innovation, Ecosystems and Entrepreneurship: Issues and Perspectives. World Scientific Publishing. Forthcoming.
- “Popularity of Cultural Products in Online Social Media,"(principal investigator), Creative Economy Initiatives Fund , with Raymond Liu and Haiping Xu, University of Massachusetts, 2017-2018, $36,000.
- Jurui Zhang, Yong Liu and Yubo Chen, "Social Learning in Networks of Friends versus Strangers," Marketing Science, Vol. 34, No. 4, July–August 2015, pp. 573–589.
- When Do Third-party Product Reviews Affect Firm Value and What Can Firms Do? The Case of Media Critics and Professional Movie Reviews," with Yubo Chen and Yong Liu (equal authorship) , Journal of Marketing, March 2012, Vol. 76, No. 2 pp. 116-134.
Principles of Marketing, Marketing Research
Social Networks/Social Media, Innovation and New Product Development, Third-Party Information
Reviewer, American Marketing Association, Summer Marketing Educator's Conference 2009