Faculty & Staff
Kun Yu, PhD
Associate Professor of Accounting
Areas of Expertise
Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting
DBA, Boston University
MS, Fudan University
BA, Wuhan University
Professional Publications & Contributions
- Yu, Kun, Moshe Hagigi, and Scott Stewart (2017 forthcoming), “Income Smoothing May Result in Increased Perceived Riskiness: Evidence from Bid-ask Spreads around Loss Announcements,” Journal of Corporate Finance.
- Du, Shuili, Kun Yu, C.B. Bhattacharya, and Sankar Sen (2017), “The Business Case for Sustainability Reporting: Evidence from Stock Market Reactions,” Journal of Public Policy and Marketing 36: 313-330.
- Shin, Yong-Chul and Kun Yu (2016), “Do Investors Misprice Components of Net Periodic Pension Cost?” Accounting and Finance 56: 845-878.
- Yu, Kun (2016), “Excess of the PBO over the ABO and Hard Pension Freezes,” Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting 46: 819-846.
- Yu, Kun (2014), “Market Reaction to the Changes in Pension Accounting Introduced by SFAS No. 158,” Advances In Quantitative Analysis Of Finance And Accounting 12, 117-152.
- Yu, Kun (2013), “Does Recognition versus Disclosure Affect Value Relevance? Evidence from Pension Accounting,” The Accounting Review 88: 1095-1127.
Introductory Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting (undergraduate and graduate levels), Financial Accounting Theory and Analysis
Accounting Standards and Financial Reporting, Accounting Conservatism and Corporate Governance
Honors and Awards
AAA/Deloitte/J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium, 2007
Boston University School of Management Doctoral Fellowship, 2004-2008