Faculty & Staff
Areas of Expertise
Corporate Finance, Investments
DBA, Boston University
MS, Technical University of Lisbon
Professional Publications & Contributions
- Gao L.S. “The Informational value of Toxics Release Inventory Performance”, with E.Connors and H.Johnston, Sustainability Accounting, Management and Policy Journal, 2013.
- Gao, L.S. “A Joint Replenishment Inventory Location Model”, with F. Silva, Networks and Spatial Economics, 2013.
- Gao, L.S. “Disclosure of Environmental Capital Expenditures: Evidence from the Electric Utility Sector in the U.S.”, Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 2012.
- Gao, L.S. “The Pricing of Climate Risk”, with L.Chen, Journal of Financial and Economic Practice, 2012.
- Gao, L.S. “Corporate Environmental Performance, Disclosure and Leverage: An Integrated Approach”, with E.Connors, International Review of Accounting, Banking and Finance, 2011.
- Gao, L.S. “Do Investors Value Environmental Capital Spending: Evidence from the Electric Utility Sector in the U.S.” Journal of Finance and Accountancy, 2011.
- Gao, L.S. “Portfolio Industry Strategy in Venture Capital Investments” Journal of Private Equity, 2011.
- Gao, L.S. “Value Creation using Alliances within the Software Industry”, with B.Iyer, Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 2009
Boston University, University of the Azores, Insurance Industry
Corporate Finance, Risk Management, Financial Modeling.
Investments and financing issues in complementary network systems, environmental finance and accounting.
- 2008 Joan Moon Undergraduate Teaching Award
- 2008 CM Faculty Scholarship Award