Faculty & Staff
Pratyush Bharati, PhD
Associate Professor of Management Information Systems
Areas of Expertise
Social Media and Organizations, Green Information Systems, International Production of Software and Services, Diffusion of Information Technologies in SMEs, Information Systems and Services
Professional Publications & Contributions
- Bharati, P., Zhang, C., and Chaudhury, A. (Forthcoming), “Social Media Assimilation in Firms: Investigating the Roles of Absorptive Capacity and Institutional Pressures,” Information Systems Frontiers.
- Bharati, P. and Chaudhury, A. (2012), “Technology Assimilation Across the Value Chain: An Empirical Study of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises,” Information Resources Management Journal, 25(1), pp. 38-60, January-March.
- Manning, S., Larsen, M. M., and Bharati, P. (2013), “Global Delivery Models: The Role of Speed and Time Zones in Global Business Services,” Proceedings of the Academy of International Business, July 3-6.
- Bharati, P., Chaudhury, A. and Zhang, W. (2012), “Building Organizational Knowledge Quality: Investigating the Role of Social Media and Social Capital,” Proceedings of the Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), August 9-11.
- Bharati, P., Lee, I., and Chaudhury, A. (Eds.) (2010), Global Perspectives on Small and Medium Enterprises and Strategic Information Systems: International Approaches, Business Science Reference, Hershey, PA.
- Bharati, P. (2005), “India’s IT Services Industry: A Comparative Analysis”, IEEE Computer, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 71-75.
- Bharati, P. and Chaudhury, A. (2004), “An Empirical Investigation of Decision-Making Satisfaction in Web-Based Decision Support Systems”, Decision Support Systems, Vol. 37, No. 2, pp. 187-197.
- Bharati, P. and Berg, D. (2003), “Managing Information Technology for Service Quality: A Study from the Other Side”, IT and People, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 183-202.
Deloitte Consulting, New York, NY.
Project and Change Management, IT Project Management, Management of Information Technology for Quality and Competitive Advantage, Introduction to Information Systems and Web Fluency.
Mini-Track Chair, Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), 2009-Present
Sloan Foundation Industry Studies Grant (2008)
CM Commonwealth Award, University of Massachusetts (2004 and 2007)
College of Management Faculty Scholarship Award, University of Massachusetts (2002)
College of Management Faculty Scholarship Award, University of Massachusetts (2001)
Public Service Endowment Grant, University of Massachusetts (2000)
- Social Media and Organizations
- Green Information Systems
- International Production of Software and Services
- Diffusion of Information Technologies in SMEs
- Information Systems and Services