Faculty & Staff
Roger Blake, PhD
Associate Professor, Associate Chair, Management Information Systems
Areas of Expertise
Object-oriented software development, databases, systems architecture, systems analysis and design, quantitative analysis
PhD, University of Rhode Island
SM, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Professional Publications & Contributions
- Gordon, S., Blake, R., and Shankaranarayanan, G. (2013) “Case-Based Research in Information Systems: Gaps and Trends, Journal of Information Technology Theory and Application, forthcoming
- Blake, R. and Mangiameli, P. (2013) “Measuring the semantic and representational consistency of interconnected structured and unstructured data for data mining applications”, Contemporary Perspectives on Data Mining, 1(1), pp 157-175
- Blake, R., Gordon, S., & Shankaranarayanan, G. (2013). The Role of Case-Based Research in Information Technology and Systems. In P. Isaias, & M. Baptista Nunes (Eds.), Information Systems Research and Exploring Social Artifacts: Approaches and Methodologies, pp 200-220
- Blake, R. and Shankaranarayanan, G. (2012) “Discovering Data and Information Quality Research: Insights Gained through Latent Semantic Analysis (LSA)”, International Journal of Business Intelligence Research, 3(1), pp 1-16(DSI).
- Kyper, E., Douglas, M., and Blake, R. (2012) “Operational decision-making using a Business Intelligence system”, International Journal of Decision Support System Technology, 4(1), pp 43-54
- Blake, R. and Mangiameli, P. (2011) “The Effects and Interactions of Data Quality and Problem Complexity on Classification”, ACM Journal of Data and Information Quality, 2(2), pp 1-28
- Blake, R. and Kyper, E., (2011) “An investigation of the intention to share media files over peer-to-peer networks”, Behaviour and Information Technology, (30), pp 1-13
- Blake, R. and Gutierrez, O., (2011) “A semantic analysis approach for assessing professionalism Using Free-form Text Entered Online”, Computers in Human Behavior, 27(6), pp 2249-2262
Over twenty-five years of industry experience, holding positions from partner to VP MIS, in several industries, including consumer goods, manufacturing, high-tech, retail, and direct-marketing.
Introduction to Computers and Information Systems, Client/Server Programming, Project Management, Systems Analysis and Design, Object-Oriented Programming for Business, Object-Oriented Information Systems, Database and Programming for Managers,Mathematical Analysis for Managers, Managerial Decision Making, Decision Support Systems and Groupware.
Data and text mining, data quality.
Member, AIS, INFORMS, SPRIG, DSI
Associate Editor for Informing Sciences
Chair of the review team to evaluate the quality of the Higher Diploma in Systems Analysis, National University of Ireland, Galway