Faculty & Staff
Suhaib Riaz, PhD
Associate Professor of Management
Areas of Expertise
Strategic Management, International Business, Business and Society
PhD, Ivey School of Business, Western University
MBA, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
BSc Engineering, Aligarh University
Professional Publications & Contributions
I am interested in issues of global significance related to (a) Organizations, institutions and society i.e. how various facets of the organizations-institutions interaction impact society, particularly issues related to inequality and financialization, and (b) New organizing for socio-economic change, which includes investigating newly emerging alternative organizing initiatives in various global contexts.
- Section Editor, Journal of Business Ethics, ‘Global Issues and Ethics’ section
- Invited Panelist at Academy of Management, European Group for Organizational Studies, Strategic Management Society.
- Co-Organizer, Academy of International Business - Northeast, Frontier Conference: “Bringing the Political Economy Back In," Boston, 2015.
- Co-Editor, "Economic Inequality and Management," special issue of Human Relations.
- Co-Organizer, "Occupy, Economic Inequality and Business: Setting the Agenda," Professional Development Workshop at Academy of Management, Boston, 2012.
- Strategic Advisor at new and established organizations
Honors and Awards
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Insights Development Grant, Canada, 2017
- Labor Resource Center research grant, UMass Boston, 2017
- Finalist, Best Paper on Environmental and Social Practices, Organization and Management Theory, Academy of Management, 2014
- Joan Moon Teaching Excellence Award, UMass Boston, 2013 and 2012
Public Outreach and Media Coverage
- Articles in Harvard Business Review online, The Conversation, Ivey Business Journal, Academy of International Business Insights
- Media coverage in Huffington Post, Businessweek, Forbes, CBS-BNET, Canadian Business, etc. Interviews in Public Purpose (magazine of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities) and Graduate Management News.
Immunovaccine Inc.: Preparing to Cross the “Valley of Death” (with Ella Korets-Smith). Ivey Publishing, Harvard Business Publishing, republished in major textbooks.
Strategic Leadership at Coca-Cola: The Real Thing (with W. G. Rowe). Ivey Publishing, Harvard Business Publishing, republished in major textbooks.
- Strategic Management for MBAs (MBAMGT 689)
- Multinational Corporations and Globalization (MBAMGT 677)
- Advanced Topics in Management (MGT 450)
- Strategic Management for undergraduates (MGT 490)
Bookstore browsing, translating poetry, blogging, playing racquet sports.