Faculty & Staff
Suhaib Riaz, PhD
- Assistant Professor of Management
- N/A Telephone:
- email@example.com Email:
100 Morrissey Blvd. Office Location: M-5-605
Areas of Expertise
Strategic Management, International Business, Business and Society
PhD, Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario
MBA, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
BSc Engineering, Aligarh University
Professional Publications & Contributions
My current interest is in studying various facets of the contestation between strategic, long-term and multiple-stakeholder orientation in organizations and financialization. In addition, I have an interest in innovation around new organizing forms under institutional complexity and constraints.
- Co-Organizer, Academy of International Business - Northeast, Frontier Conference: “Bringing the Political Economy Back In”, Boston 2015.
- Co-Editor, "Economic Inequality and Management", special issue of Human Relations.
- Co-Organizer, "Occupy, Economic Inequality and Business: Setting the Agenda", Professional Development Workshop at Academy of Management, Boston 2012.
- Strategic Advisor / Executive experience at multiple organizations
Honors and Awards
- Finalist, Best Paper on Environmental and Social Practices, Organization and Management Theory, Academy of Management, 2014
- Joan Moon Teaching Excellence Award, University of Massachusetts-Boston, 2013 and 2012
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) standard research grant, Canada, 2011
- Udayan Rege Best Dissertation Award, 2008-2010
- Highly Commended Doctoral Research, Emerald-EFMD Award, 2010
- Highly Commended Paper, Emerald Literati Network for Excellence Award, 2010
- Professor of the Year Award, Dalhousie University, 2008
- Multiple best paper and outstanding reviewer awards at conferences
Public Outreach and Media Coverage
- Harvard Business Review blog article, Occupy Wall Street: What Businesses Need to Know, 2011 (Editor’s Pick).
- Media coverage in Huffington Post, Businessweek, Forbes, CBS-BNET, Canadian Business, etc. Interviews in Public Purpose (magazine of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities) and Graduate Management News.
- Blog co-editor and coordinator for Organizations and Social Change blog .
Immunovaccine Inc.: Preparing to Cross the “Valley of Death” (with Ella Korets-Smith), 2010. Ivey Publishing, Harvard Business Publishing, republished in major textbooks.
Strategic Leadership at Coca-Cola: The Real Thing (with W. G. Rowe), 2008. Ivey Publishing, Harvard Business Publishing, republished in major textbooks.
- Strategic Management for MBAs (MBAMGT 689)
- Multinational Corporations and Globalization (MBAMGT 677)
- Advanced Topics in Management (MGT 450)
- Strategic Management for undergraduates (MGT 490)
Bookstore browsing, translating poetry, blogging, playing racquet sports.