Faculty & Staff
Surjit Tinaikar, PhD
Associate Professor of Accounting
Areas of Expertise
Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Accounting Information Systems
PhD, Accounting, University of Toronto
MS, Finance, Boston College
MBA, Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi
BA, Economics, University of Bombay
Professional Publications & Contributions
- Managerial Control Divergence and Analysts’ Information Precision, with Yong-Chul Shin and
KoEun Park. Corporate Governance: An International Review, Forthcoming, 2017.
- Executive Compensation Disclosure and Private Control Benefits: A Comparison of U.S. and
Canadian Dual Class Firms. Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation. Conditionally Accepted.
- Private Control Benefits and Informative Earnings Smoothing: Evidence from Dual Class Share
Firms. Journal of International Accounting Research, Forthcoming, 2017.
- Pay Performance Sensitivity and Earnings Restatements, with Kun Yu, Corporate Ownership and
- Accounting Based Valuation Models: What Have We Learned, Accounting and Finance, with Gordon Richardson.
- Outside Directors, Litigation Environment and Management Earnings Forecasts, Accounting Perspectives, Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 1–29, Spring 2012.
- Voluntary Disclosure and Ownership Structure: An Analysis of Dual Class Firms. Journal of Management and Governance, 2014
Chartered Financial Analyst
Intermediate Accounting; Accounting Information Systems
Corporate Governance; Voluntary Disclosure; Earnings Management ; International Accounting