Faculty & Staff
Werner H. Kunz
Areas of Expertise
Social Media, Social Networks, and e-Services, Service Marketing, Relationship Management, New Technology, Consumer Behavior, Innovation Communication & Perception, Consumer Behavior, Market Research
Dr., Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
MBR, Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
Dipl.-Math., Humboldt University, Berlin
Dipl.-Kfm., Humboldt University, Berlin
Professional Publications & Contributions
Werner Kunz is a social media expert with nationwide regular appearance in TV and newspapers. He participates in consulting projects and executive teaching courses on brand building, innovation, service and quality management to private and public sector organizations..
- Member and Chair of the Board of Officers of the Special Interest Group Service Marketing (ServSIG) of the American Marketing Association (AMA).
- Multiple professional services for academic associations, journals and conferences
- Many consulting projects and executive teaching courses on customer satisfaction, brand building, innovation, service and quality management to private and public sector organizations.
- 2014 Awarded as Best Track Paper at the 47th Academy of Marketing Conference in Bournemouth, UK for „Community or Cuckoo's Nest? A taxonomical update on online consumption communities“ (co-author Jan Breitsohl and David Dowell
- 2014 Awarded as Highly Commended Paper of the Robert Johnston Award for the best paper in the Journal of Service Management 2013 for “Value fusion: the blending of consumer and firm value in the distinct context of mobile technologies and social media” (co-author Bart Larivière, Herm Joosten, Ed Malthouse, Marcel van Birgelen; Pelin Aksoy, and Huang Ming-Hui)
- 2013 Awarded as Best Services Paper at the Second Annual Conference For Positive Marketing in New York for “From Classes and Motivating Forces at Online Review Sites – Who contributes to and who benefits from social capital“ (co-author Andreas Munzel)
- 2013 Awarded with the College of Management Dean’s Award for Distinguished Research of the University of Massachusetts Boston for his accomplishments in academic scholarship.
- 2012 Awarded as Best Track Paper “Marketing Service Products Globally“ at the Global Marketing Conference in Seoul for „From Virtual Travelers to Real Friends – Insights from a Global Online Travel Community for the Relationship Marketing of Companies in the Tourism Industry“ (co-author Sukanya Seshadari)
- 2012 Awarded as Highly Commended Paper of the AMA ServSIG International Service Research Conference at the Hanken School of Economics in Finnland for “An Historical Exploration of the Global Service Marketing Community” (co-author Cristiana Costa-Lages, Ray Fisk, and Cláudia Simões)
- 2011 Awarded with the Best Paper of 19th International Colloquium in Relationship Marketing in Rochester, NY for “Does Social Media Marketing work? - Evidence of the Impact of Fan Pages on the Brand Relationship (co-author Benedikt Jahn)
- 2011 Awarded with the Outstanding Paper Award 2011 of Managing Service Quality for “Consumer Trust in Service Companies: a Multiple Mediating Analysis”, (co-author Roland Kantsperger)
- 2011 Awarded with the QUIS Best Paper Award of the 12th International Research Symposium on Service Excellence in Management (QUIS) at the Cornell University/Ithaca/NY for “Transforming Users into Fans – How Fan Pages Influence the Consumer-Brand Relationship”, (co-author Benedikt Jahn)
- 2011 - Awarded as one of the best papers on the 12th International Research Symposium on Service Excellence in Management (QUIS) in Ithaca, New York, June 2011, for “Transforming Users into Fans – How Fan Pages Influence the Consumer-Brand Relationship”, (co-author Benedikt Jahn)
- 2010 - College of Management Teaching Fellow, 2011-2013
- 2009 - College of Management Faculty Research Award, 2009
- 2005 - Dissertation Excellence Award of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University donated by the Munich Business Forum
- 2004 - Best-paper award on the 9th International Research Symposium on Service Excellence in Management (QUIS) in Karlstad, Sweden, July 2004, for “Measuring and Managing Overall Service Quality in Customer Care Centers – Empirical Findings of a Multi-Perspective Approach”, (co-author Roland Kantsperger and Alexander Wilkozewski)
- 2015 - Awarded as Highly Commended Paper of the Robert Johnston Award for the best paper in the Journal of Service Management 2014 for “Creators, Multipliers, And Lurkers: Who Contributes And Who Benefits At Online Review Sites” (co-author Andreas Munzel)
Social Media, Service Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communication, Internet Marketing, Market Research, Principles of Marketing, Decision in Consumer Industries, Branding Strategy and Communication.