Due to the rigor, intensity, and academic standard of required nursing and EHS courses, it is not unusual for any student to seek and benefit from tutoring assistance.
Academic Tutoring can include:
- Clarification of challenging course specific concepts and content
- Study strategies
- Test taking proficiency
- Organization and time-management skills
- One-on-one or small group tutoring
Tutoring is provided by graduate teaching assistants.
Clinical tutoring is offered by our graduate teaching assistants who are all registered nurses. You can sign up for a session to practice any clinical skill 1:1 with a teaching assistant.
Tutoring focus can include:
- Specific clinical skills (e.g. suctioning, central-line care)
- All aspects of medication administration
- Organization and prioritization of patient care
- Care plan development and application of all phases of the nursing process
- Clinical reasoning
- Establishing a therapeutic relationship
Tutoring is provided by simulation and lab education coordinators.