Advising and Registration
EHS Student Advising
- Attendance at a Group Advising session is required for all EHS students during your first and second semester before registering for the next semester.
- An Advising Hold is placed on your account if you are in your first and second semesters. This hold prevents you from registering for classes until you have attended a group advising session. Your Advising Hold will be removed after attending a session.
- At group advising, advisors go over EHS required courses, graduation requirements, degree audits, and resolve any outstanding issues.
- One-to-one appointments can be made after session.
- Students in their third semester or beyond do not have Advising Holds and are not required to see an advisor or attend group advising before registering.
- All EHS students are assigned a faculty advisor in the 1st semester of the program.
- A meeting with your faculty advisor is not required, but strongly recommended.
- Your faculty advisor is a great resource to discuss plans after graduation, choosing a concentration, getting involved in research & professional organizations, and for a possible letter of recommendation for graduate study or future employment.
- Your faculty are NOT the best resource for program rules & requirements. If you have such questions you should attend a Group Advising session, or make an appointment with one of our Program Advisors.
- One-on-one meetings with a Program Advisor are available for all students at any time of year, by appointment, to discuss problems or issues, course selection, program requirements, other administrative issues.
- Visit the CNHS Front Desk (Science / 2rd Floor) or call 617-287-7500 to make an appointment.