Apply (UMass Boston Transfers)
Thank you for your interest in the Exercise and Health Sciences BS program at UMass Boston. Depending on your current status at UMass Boston you will need to apply to our program by following one of the appropriate procedures outlined below. Please note the following:
- You can find the appropriate application on the UMass Boston Registrar’s Office Forms page or by visiting the One Stop (Campus Center, UL).
- Admission to the Exercise and Health Sciences program is not guaranteed! Our admissions process is very competitive. We assess a variety of factors, including applicant’s prior academic performance and available space in our program for the given semester.
- We will not render decisions prior to the stated deadlines, and all decision letters will be mailed to students approximately 2 weeks after these dates. Late applications will not be accepted.
Inter-College Transfer to EHS
If you are currently enrolled in another college or program and wish to change your major to Exercise and Health Sciences, you must complete the Inter-College Transfer (ICT) Application. You must include an official or unofficial UMass Boston transcript with your application as well as a typed, short personal statement of intent. Applications should be delivered to the College of Nursing and Health Sciences Main Office, Science Center, 2rd Floor. There are two dates for fall applicants:
- July 1st for the Fall semester
- November 1st for the Spring semester
ICT students accepted into the program must attend a special orientation offered by the CNHS Office of Student Services prior to registering for the upcoming semester.
Readmission to EHS
If you are currently not an active UMass Boston student but were formerly in the Exercise and Health Sciences program, you must complete a Readmission Application if you wish to re-enroll. You must include sealed, official transcripts from all institutions attended during your absence as well as a check or money order in the amount of $60, made payable to the University of Massachusetts Boston. Applications should be sent or delivered to the Office of the Registrar at UMass Boston. Applications are due no later than July 1 for the Fall semester, and November 1 for the Spring semester. Students readmitted into the program must meet with a CNHS Student Support Specialist prior to registering for the upcoming semester. Please see the Readmission Application for more details.
Applying for a Second UMass Boston Undergraduate Degree in EHS
If you have earned a Bachelor’s degree from UMass Boston in another major and now wish to earn a degree in Exercise and Health Sciences, you must submit an Application for Second UMass Boston Undergraduate Degree. You must include sealed, official transcripts from all institutions attended after graduation from UMass Boston. Applications should be delivered to the College of Nursing and Health Sciences Main Office, Science Center, 2rd Floor. Applications are due no later than February 1 for the Fall semester, and November 1 for the Spring semester. 2nd Degree students accepted into the program must attend a special orientation prior to registering for the upcoming semester. Please see the Application for Second UMass Boston Undergraduate Degree for more details.