There is a wide variety of scholarships, grants, and funding opportunities that are available to our PhD students. These opportunities include:
- Eligibility for university research and teaching assistantships that may include tuition remission and health insurance benefits*
- Scholarships funded by the federal government
- Professional traineeship grants
- Competitive scholarships
- Grant funding from Sigma Theta Tau, the International, the Honor Society of Nursing**
Other professional societies and clinical agencies. The Graduate Student Association (GSA) offers funding for graduate students to attend conferences and to support their dissertation expenses. Students may wish to consult with the Office of Graduate Studies and Research or the Financial Aid Office regarding their eligibility for further need-based assistance.
* Research assistantships allow you to work with faculty from both departments in the CNHS. Students have the opportunity to discuss their specific research interests while assisting faculty active “hands on” research experiences at all stages of development. Teaching assistantships may lead you to help an experienced teacher in a class (TAI) or teaching a class as the lead teacher (TAII).
**Department of Nursing Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International is called Theta Alpha Chapter. Leadership, Scholarship, and Dissertation funding and awards are available annually and are bestowed in the Spring at the annual induction event.