Post-Master’s Certificate Programs
These programs are designed for Advanced Practice Nurses who have graduated from programs with insufficient numbers of clinical hours and/or required coursework, or those who are functioning in a role but need certification to gain state licensure recognition, credentialing, or prescribing privileges. Each graduate receives a certificate of post-master’s graduate education from the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Post-Master’s Certificate
A 12- or 21- credit certificate program designed to prepare RNs who have a MS degree in nursing with knowledge and clinical experience to sit for national certification exam for family nurse practitioner.
- Adult-Gerontological Nurse Practitioner, Post-Master’s Certificate
A 12- or 21- credit certificate program designed to prepare RNs who have a MS degree in nursing with knowledge and clinical experience to sit for national certification exam for adult or gerontology or adult-gerontological nurse practitioner.
- Demonstrate competence in the advanced nursing practice and management of health and illness for individual, family, and aggregate populations using critical thinking and evidenced based clinical decision making
- Promote individual/family relationships that facilitate positive health care outcomes for diverse populations
- Design, implement, and evaluate educational programs for individuals, professionals, and communities
- Plan comprehensive continuous care through interdisciplinary collaboration across health care settings with an emphasis on diverse and urban populations
- Monitor and ensure the quality of nursing and health care practices utilizing advocacy and ethical decision-making
- Design, implement, and evaluate evidenced based care in relation to ethno-cultural and spiritual beliefs within diverse populations
- Apply theories from nursing and other disciplines to the advanced nursing practice for individuals and families from diverse populations
- Identify researchable health care problems and continually appraise relevant literature
- Communicate and consult with health care providers and others to influence policy change
- Demonstrate competency in professional oral and written communication
Are You Eligible for Online Nursing Studies?
If you are not a Massachusetts resident and considering applying to an online nursing program, please check out the following link for details: