- Discover Nursing
- Scholarship Help
- Tylenol Scholarship
- College Board
- Minority Nurse
- Nursing Society
- Scholarship Hunter
If you are looking for guidance with your scholarship essays please take a look at these links:
- Free Scholarship Search - Scholarship applications that win, guidelines for making your application stand out
- Essay Writing Tips from Kansas State University - Tips for getting started and fundamentals that scholarship committees are looking for
- Essay Information - Personal experience brainstorming and general essay writing techniques
- Statement of Purpose - Hints for essay writing success in 3 parts: brainstorming, selecting a topic, and writing the essay
When requesting a recommendation you should follow a particular protocol:
- Make an appointment to go over the details involved with your recommendation request
- If possible, request a generic reference that can be used for multiple scholarships and job opportunities
- Give the faculty member/reference writer sufficient time to complete reference – 3 weeks is the norm and give them a deadline
- Provide the writer with a postage paid envelope.
Give the person guidelines for writing the reference
- Provide them with something from the scholarship, if applicable
- Provide them with information about you – your strengths, activities, resume or research proposal
- Let them know about community work/related jobs you have done/held outside of the classroom
“If it seems too good to be true it probably is.” Scholarship search services cannot guarantee you a scholarship. Read more about avoiding Scams and dubious offers.
Please let us know if you receive a scholarship! We would love to learn about your successes and encourage other students to follow your lead.