- Discover Nursing
- Scholarship Help
- TYLENOL® Future Care Scholarship
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- College Board
- Minority Nurse
- Nursing Society
- Scholarship Hunter
If you are looking for guidance with your scholarship essays please take a look at these links:
- Essay Information - Personal experience brainstorming and general essay writing techniques
- Statement of Purpose - Hints for essay writing success in three parts: brainstorming, selecting a topic, and writing the essay
When requesting a recommendation you should follow a particular protocol:
- Make an appointment to go over the details involved with your recommendation request
- If possible, request a generic reference that can be used for multiple scholarships and job opportunities
- Give the faculty member/reference writer sufficient time to complete reference – three weeks is the norm – and give them a deadline.
- Provide the writer with a postage paid envelope.
- Give the person guidelines for writing the reference.
- Provide them with something from the scholarship, if applicable.
- Provide them with information about you – your strengths, activities, resume or research proposal.
- Let them know about community work/related jobs you have done/held outside of the classroom.
“If it seems too good to be true it probably is.” Scholarship search services cannot guarantee you a scholarship.
Please let us know if you receive a scholarship! We would love to learn about your successes and encourage other students to follow your lead.
Giving to UMass Boston
Strengthen the College of Nursing and Health Sciences’ teaching, learning, and research with a gift to the UMass Boston Fund.