Nursing - Accelerated, BS
The typical accelerated applicant has:
• A first baccalaureate degree GPA of 3.0
• A GPA of no less than 3.3 for prerequisite courses
About the Undergraduate Program in Nursing for Non-Nursing BS or BA
- Offered over 15 consecutive months starting each summer
- This intensive option will include adult learning styles and combine online, blended, and face-to-face classes
- A full-time commitment is required while attending this nursing option
- A BSN is earned upon the completion of this 15-month accelerated nursing option
The TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) exam, with a score of Proficient or higher, is required for all applicants.
Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Applicants must complete a one-page essay on the topic: What is a professional nurse?
Official transcripts required from all post-secondary schools/programs you’ve attended
UMass Boston graduates are also required to submit an official UMB transcript
- Complete their bachelor degree in any field before the December 1 application deadline.
- Complete all prerequisite courses before the December 1 application deadline
- Complete the accelerated supplemental form
- Submit application materials before the December 1 application deadline
- Attend (in-state applicants only) one of our mandatory accelerated nursing option information sessions before the application deadline
September 20, 2018
5:30 PM-7:30 PM
October 18, 2018
5:30 PM-7:30 PM
November 15, 2018
|5:30 PM-7:30 PM|
To sign up for an Accelerated Nursing Information Session, complete the online registration form.
For directions to UMass Boston, please visit the directions page.