Nursing - Accelerated, BS
The typical accelerated applicant has:
• A first baccalaureate degree GPA of 3.0
• A GPA of no less than 3.3 for prerequisite courses
About the Undergraduate Program in Nursing for Non-Nursing BS or BA
- Offered over 15 consecutive months starting each summer
- This intensive option will include adult learning styles and combine online, blended, and face-to-face classes
- A full-time commitment is required while attending this nursing option
- A BSN is earned upon the completion of this 15-month accelerated nursing option
The TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) exam, with a score of Proficient or higher, is required for all applicants.
Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Applicants must complete a one-page essay on the topic: What is a professional nurse?
Official transcripts from other schools
If you are a UMass Boston graduate, all of the above apply EXCEPT:
- Complete the 2nd degree application instead
- You may submit an unofficial UMass Boston transcript
- Complete their bachelor degree in any field before the December 1 application deadline.
- Complete all prerequisite courses before the December 1 application deadline
- Complete the accelerated supplemental form
- Submit application materials before the December 1 application deadline
- Attend (in-state applicants only) one of our mandatory accelerated nursing option information sessions before the application deadline
June 21, 2018
July 19, 2018
August 16, 2018
To sign up for an Accelerated Nursing Information Session, complete the online registration form.
For directions to UMass Boston, please visit the directions page.