Each student upon entering NU226 Introduction to Nursing Practice must submit the following clinical clearance items in order to begin their clinical experience:
- Two doses of Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccines or positive MMR titer
- Documentation of three doses of Hepatitis B vaccine AND positive Hepatitis B titer showing immunity which includes the date of test and the result
- Varicella (chicken pox) titer with a result of positive indicating immunity OR 2 doses of the Varicella vaccine. Please note that a history (even if documented) is not acceptable for clinical clearance.
- TDAP (Tetanus/ Diphtheria/ Pertussis) / TD (Tetanus/ Diphtheria) booster documentation:
- Documentation of a valid TDAP within the past ten years that will not expire before the end of the semester
- OR Documentation of an expired TDAP with the date included AND documentation of a valid TD booster within the past ten years that will not expire before the end of the semester.
- Copy of front and back sides of CPR Card. Certification must be from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross at the BLS for the Health Care Provider Level.
- Documentation on official letterhead of TB Skin Test (PPD) which includes the date of planting, date of reading, and result. TB reading must be done by an occupational health department, primary care doctor, or University Health Services.
- Copy of front and back sides of Health Insurance Card
- Proof of 2018-2019 Flu Shot having been administered