Nursing - RN-BS
Registered Nurses: Earn a BS Degree in Nursing from the University of Massachusetts Boston!
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences, in conjunction with the College of Advancing and Professional Studies, offers a bachelor of science in nursing degree program for registered nurses. The format is accessible and convenient, allowing for motivated and busy professionals to gain credentials required for career advancement.
Why Apply for the RN-BS Program at UMass Boston?
The Ideal Program for Practicing Nurses
- Full and Part-Time options with completion in 3-5 semesters full-time.
- Build your class schedule around your life with flexibility from the option of online or face-to-face formats.
- Face-to-face format delivered at Cape Cod Community College
- High-value program
- Offers individual support and advising from admission through graduation.
- Provides close interaction with internationally recognized and widely published UMass Boston faculty.
- Diverse population
- Writing support center with services online or face-to-face
- Fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Applications for Online Students will be accepted for the Fall and Spring Semesters.
Applications for Cape Cod Cohort will be accepted for Spring Semesters Only.
Attend an RN-BS Information Session
RN-BS Information Sessions will be held on the dates and at the locations listed below. If there are any changes, please visit the College of Nursing and Health Sciences suite, Science Center, 2nd Floor, Room 13 for the updated location, or call 617-287-7500.
RN-BS Information Sessions at UMass Boston
|Wednesday, October 4, 2017||Building Campus Center- Floor (UL) Upper Level-Room 130||12:00PM-2:00PM|
|Tuesday, October 24, 2017||Building Campus Center- Floor (UL) Upper Level-Room 130||5:00PM-7:00PM|
|Thursday, November 9, 2017||Building Campus Center- Floor (UL) Upper Level-Room 130||5:00PM-7:00PM|
|Thursday, December 7, 2017||Building Campus Center- Floor (UL) Upper Level-Room 130||5:00PM-7:00PM|
RN-BS Information Sessions ONLINE
|Friday, November 3, 2017||
RN-BS Information Sessions at Cape Cod Community College
|November 6, 2017||The Solarium in the Lorusso Tech Building||5:00 PM-7:00 PM|
Are You Eligible for Online Nursing Studies?
If you are not a Massachusetts resident and considering applying to an online nursing program, please check out the following link for details:
- Before Summer 2017 Advising Sheet
- Starting Fall 2017 Advising Sheet
- Before Summer 2017 Pre-Requisite Flyer
- Starting Fall 2017 Pre-Requisite Flyer
- NLN Exam Fact Sheet Flyer
- Create NLN Exam Account
- 2013-2016* Undergraduate Nursing Student Handbook
- Center for Clinical Education and Research (CCER)
- Harbor Reflections
- RN-BS Program Fact Sheet
Giving to UMass Boston
Help RN nurses receive a BS degree with a gift to the RN-BS Nursing Program.