Attending Orientation is mandatory for all newly-admitted students.
The Orientation process prepares students to maximize their success in the RN-BS Program. Orientation is designed to:
- Acclimate students to the technology and practices of learning at CNHS
- Provide background information on the program
- Review curriculum and course objectives and expectations
- Review policies and procedures for Program and College
- Conduct a formal transfer credit evaluation
- Register for their first nursing course
- Obtain a student ID and Library bar-code
- Meet integral program staff
The process is divided into three phases: Pre-Orientation, Orientation (in-person), and Post-Orientation. All steps in each phase must be completed before the student can move to the next, and all phases must be completed before a student can begin classes.
Pre-Orientation (conducted online)
- Pay New Student Deposit.
- Register for Orientation through Beacon Beginnings. June, July, and August 2015
Please Note: Previous UMass Boston Students DO NOT pay a New Student Deposit.
(For more information, please contact Beacon Beginnings at 617-287-5813)
- Review Transfer Credit Evaluation with Program Advisors
- Register for Class
- Attend Technology Overview Session - (Blackboard, Adobe Connect, and Wiser)
- Get Library Barcode
- Get Student ID
- Visit on Campus Resources
- Obtain headset with microphone recommended
- Log into Blackboard
- Attend a scheduled Adobe Connect Orientation
- Start classes!
Have you been admitted as an undergraduate to UMass Boston? Be sure to join us for Beacon Beginnings this summer. Read More
When do classes start? When do they end? What are the university holidays? You'll find these answers on the university's academic calendar. Read More