Attending Orientation is mandatory for all newly-admitted students.
The Orientation process prepares students to maximize their success in the RN-BS Program. Orientation is designed to:
- Acclimate students to the technology and practices of learning at CNHS
- Provide background information on the program
- Review curriculum and course objectives and expectations
- Review policies and procedures for Program and College
- Conduct a formal transfer credit evaluation
- Register for their first nursing course
- Obtain a student ID and Library bar-code
- Meet integral program staff
The process is divided into three phases: Pre-Orientation, Orientation (in-person), and Post-Orientation. All steps in each phase must be completed before the student can move to the next, and all phases must be completed before a student can begin classes.
Pre-Orientation (conducted online)
- Pay New Student Deposit.
- Register for Orientation through Beacon Beginnings. June, July, and August
Please Note: Previous UMass Boston Students DO NOT pay a New Student Deposit.
(For more information, please contact Beacon Beginnings at 617-287-5813)
- Review Transfer Credit Evaluation with Program Advisors
- Register for Class
- Attend Technology Overview Session - (Blackboard, Adobe Connect, and Wiser)
- Get Library Barcode
- Get Student ID
- Visit on Campus Resources
- Obtain headset with microphone recommended
- Log into Blackboard
- Attend a scheduled Adobe Connect Orientation
- Start classes!
- Before Summer 2017 Advising Sheet
- Starting Fall 2017 Advising Sheet
- Before Summer 2017 Pre-Requisite Flyer
- Starting Fall 2017 Pre-Requisite Flyer
- NLN Exam Fact Sheet Flyer
- Create NLN Exam Account
- 2013-2015* Undergraduate Nursing Student Handbook
- Center for Clinical Education and Research (CCER)
- Harbor Reflections
Giving to UMass Boston
Help RN nurses receive a BS degree with a gift to the RN-BS Nursing Program.